Information about the author
The Biofeedback and Neurofeedback Online Course has been created by:
Dr. Alessio Penzo - ORCID iD iconorcid.org/0000-0002-7232-5731
- He is a psychologist and psychophysiologist specialized in biofeedback and neurofeedback.
- He carries out clinical activity (psychological interview and biofeedback treatments) at the "Center of Psychophysiology - Biofeedback and Neurofeedback" in Rome, mainly dealing with the psychophysiological treatment of anxiety disorders with and without panic attacks, acute and chronic stress, depression, problems of couples and family members and of various psychophysiological pathologies such as tension-type headache, migraine, chronic pain, hypertension, fibromyalgia, chronic stress and other psychosomatic conditions.
- He is the founder and president of the association of Psychology and Neuroscience International Society of Psychology based in Rome.
- He is coordinator of the Italian Professional Network of Psychologists and Psychotherapists Psicocenter Italia.
- He is coordinator of the National Project for Psychological Health aimed at spreading the figure of the Primary Care Psychologist throughout Italy as a professional figure who supports the Primary Care Physician.
- He is the author and teacher of the Professional Training Course in "Psychophysiology and Psychopathology of Anxiety" created within the International Society of Psychology.
- He is the author and Professor of the Training Course on Primary Care Psychology for the realization of the National Project for Psychological Health.
- He has carried out experimental research in the field of Psychobiology and Psychopharmacology at the Department of Neuroscience of the Faculty of Medicine and Psychology of the Sapienza University of Rome, dealing with the study of the neurobiological mechanisms of the Anticipatory Food Activity and circadian rhythms.
- He currently carries out research in the field of Biofeedback and Neurofeedback (also called EEG-Biofeedback), on the improvement of intervention techniques for the treatment of anxiety disorders, migraine, sleep and stress disorders and for the development of Biofeedback Chronotherapy protocols.
- He carries out research on the sub-types of Panic Attacks (diagnosis and intervention), in particular respiratory-type Panic Attacks.
- He is the research manager on the effects of cooperation between general practitioners and psychologists in Italy.
- He is the author of hundreds of articles on Psychology and Neuroscience published in the online Professional Encyclopedia of Psychology and Neuroscience "Psychepedia".
- He is Author of the book "Respiratory Panic Attacks".
- He is the author of the book "Psychophysiology and Psychopathology of Anxiety".
- As for Biofeedback treatments, Dr. Penzo trained at the Behavioral Medicine Research and Training Foundation based in Port Angeles, Washington, following Dr. Richard Sherman's Biofeedback Training Course "General Biofeedback Training Course: Psychophysiological Assessment and Intervention ”, approved by the APA (American Psychology Association), the BCIA (Biofeedback Certification International Alliance) and the NBCC.